The Apple Pushers in the News
- Fox Business discussed The Apple Pushers in the context of the American Dream. Read Nancy Colasurdo's article here.
- Fatima Shama, Commissioner of Immigrant Affairs, discusses The Apple Pushers on a PIX 11 News interview. Watch it here.
- The New York Times discusses Green Carts, Healthy Bodegas, Health Bucks, and other interventions in an article framing the food desert issue. Read David Bornstein's article here.
- The Washington Post mentioned The Apple Pushers in a larger article about the NYC Green Cart Initiative. Read Jane Black's article here.
- The New York Daily News wrote about The Apple Pushers and the NYC Green Cart Initiative. Read Jacob Osterhout's article here.
- Director Mary Mazzio was interviewed by Ecosalon about how and why The Apple Pushers was made. Read the interview by Anna Brones here.
- Fast Company framed a presentation of community initiatives in urban food deserts around The Apple Pushers. Read Lindsey Kratochwill's feature here.
This is basic human rights. That’s kind of overstating it, but this is food justice.
Mary Mazzio, Director, THE APPLE PUSHERS
Still haven't seen the film? Visit applepushers.com for information on screenings and ordering an advance copy of the film.